Topics Map > Website > Word Press
Creating an account in Word Press for editing privileges.
The first step in the process is for you to establish your Word Press login.
- Go to any School of Pharmacy web page and click on ‘Intranet’ in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Web Server’ at the bottom of the list.
For those of you getting the error message: ‘Forbidden’ . . . In compliance with the University of Wisconsin’s initiative to consolidate campus servers to central locations, the School of Pharmacy WordPress site is located on one of these new central servers. In order to access this server to perform updates, you need to have one of the following connection types:
- Hard wired UW-Madison Campus network connection
- VPN – Virtual Private Network
Even if you are in the School of Pharmacy building and are using our local wi-fi, you will need to use VPN to acquire a secure connection. VPN software will make your regular internet connection secure - whether you are at home or here at the school.
If you are unfamiliar with VPN and/or need to download the VPN - Cisco AnyConnect software to your computer, please visit the DoIT VPN webpage for further instructions.
What follows is information we found helpful when using the University’s directions for downloading and using VPN:
- When asked to choose a pool, choose either IP pool (dynamic) or OffCampus IP pool (dynamic). Both are fine.
- The Windows web based download will probably fail. That is fine. Select ‘Windows Desktop’ from the error box and it should work fine.
- After the application downloads and you run the application, you’ll be asked to connect to a site. Type: wiscvpn.doit.wisc.edu
- When using VPN, you will be asked if you want to set up a Dynamic or Static IP address. Although either is fine, you will probably want to select ‘Dynamic’, as you need help getting a Static IP address and it is unnecessary for this type of access.
- When asked for a username and password, enter your netid and netid password.
- For more detailed descriptions on how to use Cicso AnyConnect to create a VPN, follow these instructions: Windows Directions or Mac Directions
- Confirm that your computer is connected to the internet
- Run the Cicso AnyConnect application to create a secure network connection (VPN)
- Use your internet browsers as before to connect to the ‘Web Server’
When you finish the above, a basic account will automatically be created. The first screen you will ask you to complete your WordPress Profile.
Please note: You will most likely see a message at the top of the screen saying that you do not have permission to load some plugins. This message is unimportant for you. If you do not like seeing it, click on ‘Dismiss this notice’.
Once you are finished updating your profile, please let us know via email, email@example.com, so we can give your new account access to your web pages.