Safer Badgers - Loaner Device Setup Instructions
I just received my Safer Badgers loaner device from DoIT Rentals. How do I set it up?
The Safer Badgers device will be remotely managed by DoIT. The device is limited to emergency calls only and will only have limited applications such as the Wisconsin app, Duo, Safari, and the Safer Badgers app.
If you run into any issues setting up the phone, please contact the DoIT Help Desk: Get Help from DoIT.
If you need an interpreter, please call at 608-262-7777 and identify your preferred language.
- Power the device on and click the Home button.
- Choose the language you prefer. The Safer Badgers app is only available in English, Spanish, Hmong, Tibetan, Chinese, and Nepali.
- Choose the United States as your Country or Region.
- Click "Set Up Manually".
- Select a WiFi connection or “Use Cellular Connection”.
- Please click "Next".
- Log in using your NetID and NetID Password and click "Next".
If you forgot your NetID or password, please try resetting your password or call in to the DoIT Help Desk for more help. If you need an interpreter, please call at 608-262-7777 and identify your preferred language.
- Enter a passcode of 4 or more numbers or characters that you will remember and click 'Next'.If you forget this passcode, you will need to contact the DoIT Help Desk.
- The next screen will say "Configuring iPhone - Awaiting final configurations from the University of Wisconsin - Madison."
- The next screen will prompt you to enable location services.
Enabling Location Services does NOT track you in any way, however the exposure notifications will not work without having location services enabled.
- Your Safer Badgers device will now be ready to use. It will take a few minutes for your device to finish loading.
For more information on the COVID-19 measures on campus, please see COVID-19 Response.
For more information on Safer Badgers, please see Safer Badgers.
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact the UW-Madison COVID-19 Assistance Line at (608) 262-7777.