Topics Map > Getting Started
Topics Map > UW Theme Functionality > Customizer
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Setting Your Homepage
This document will walk you through the process of setting the "front page" or homepage of your website.
In this document:
When you first begin building your UW Theme site, the main landing page, or homepage, is set to the default posts list. You will want to set a specific page to be the main landing page of your site.
There are several items to be aware of before you can set your homepage.
- You must first create a page in the Pages section and publish it so that it can be used. WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating a Page
- Only site administrators have the ability to set the homepage for a site.
- From the Dashboard, click on Appearance
- Click on Customize
- Click on Homepage Settings
- Under Your homepage displays, choose the "A static page" option
- Select the page you'd like as the homepage from the drop down list.
- Click the blue Publish button