Topics Map > UW Theme Functionality > Page Elements
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Group of Links Page Element
This document explains how to add a Group of Links to your pages. Group of Links are typically used as an in-page menu. It could be placed off to the side of the page like a sidebar, or as part of the main content.
In this document:
The Group of Links Page Element allows you to easily create a set of links to display to your site visitors. The links can be to internal pages or external pages. You can also used a predefined menu to display as a group of links, which can allow you to use the same set of links on multiple pages without having to manually update each of them when a link changes.
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add a Group of Links.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add a Group of Links.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Group of Links.
- If you would like to use a predefined menu, check the box next to Predefined Menu. You can then select one of your predefined menus that you've already created. To create a menu, see WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating and Editing a Menu. This would allow you to create a single menu, and then use that menu repeatedly over several pages or even the entire site.
- If you would like to add your own links to this page element, each link in Group of Links has three options per link:
- Internal or External: Choose whether the link is internal or external to your site.
- Title: Give the link a title. This is the text that will appear as a hyperlink on your page.
- Link Location: If you are using an external link, type the link here. If you are using an internal link, select it from the dropdown.