Topics Map > UW Theme Functionality > Page Elements
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Faculty/Staff Listing Page Element
Faculty Staff Listings allow you to have a list of staff or faculty added to your page. For an example, see the UW Theme website. This Page Element works in conjunction with Faculty/Staff Members pages that you create using 69206.
- Important notes
- Add the Faculty/Staff Listing page element
- Options within the page element
- Recommended Image Sizing
The Faculty Staff Listing is only available in only the One Column Content Layout option.
- If you elect to use photos for your faculty, ensure they are all the same size (height x width) so that they display uniformly. For help with Photoshopping your images, visit: WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Photoshop to Crop Images.
Adding a Faculty/Staff Listing page element
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add a Faculty Staff Listing.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add a Faculty Staff Listing.
- At the bottom of that Layout and click on Add Page Element.
- On the page element list, click on Faculty Staff Listing
Options within the Faculty/Staff Listing page element
The Faculty Staff Listing has the following options:
- Listing Title: You can display a title above your Faculty/Staff List. Please be aware that if this element is at the top of a page, you may not need to add a Listing Title value to avoid text redundancy.
- Kind of Faculty Staff Listing: This choice allows you to customize your listing to display items in a way that you choose. Options include All Faculty/Staff, Faculty/Staff by type, Faculty/Staff by research area, and Select individual people. When you choose one of the latter three options, a new field will appear to further refine the displayed items.
- Number of Columns: You can display faculty and staff in 1-4 columns. The default is 3. See the examples on the demo site linked above.
- Include filtering?: This option allows you to add filtering options to your Faculty/Staff list element, which adds options for your users to easily find people based on Faculty Type or Research Area.
- Last Name first: Check this box if you would like the last name to appear first.
- Display credentials for faculty/staff: Check this if you would like the credentials for a member to appear.
- Display Email address for faculty/staff: Check this box if you would like the email address to appear.
- Display phone number for faculty/staff: Check this box if you would like the phone number to appear.
- Display title/position for faculty/staff: Check this box if you would like the title/position to appear.
- Display address for faculty/staff: Check this box if you would like the address to appear.
- Display website for faculty/staff: Check this box if you would like the website link to appear.
- Display Linkedin icon for faculty/staff: Check this box if you added a Linkedin URL on the staff member's page.
- Link to profile page: Check this if you would like the Faculty/Staff Listing page element to display members as linked to their individualized post. Unchecking this means the list will not be linked to any internal pages/posts.
- Show Biography: Check this box if you want the staff members' biographies to display. There are two options for showing a biography - the Full Biography or Excerpt. Please note that if you choose full biography, it will add the entire text of a member's biography to the page listing and potentially cause issues with layout.
- Display Photos: Check this box if you want to display photos with your staff member pages. Unchecking this will not display any photos for your staff members.
- Image Size: This option allows you to set the size of the image that you want to display. The three options are Standard, Thumbnail, and Custom. Be certain of the sizes of your images before using the Custom option, and it is recommended that all images be the same size for consistency.
Once your options are set, Publish or Update your page and view it to
Recommended Image Sizing
This is a bit based on preferences, but we recommend either 400x400 or 350x250 at 72ppi
Note: Images will resize based on number of columns chosen and aspect ratio chosen for display
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Using Faculty/Staff Members
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Faculty/Staff Pages Not Working
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Changing the Fac/Staff URL
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Search and Filter Options for Fac/Staff Content
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Adding Pronouns to Fac/Staff Bios