Topics Map > Tablet
Topics Map > Resources
EEMBA Tablet Initiative - Your Personal Learning Environment
An introduction to the tools in your learning environment and how they interact with your device.
Home :: Knowing the Hardware :: Logging into Your Device :: Multi-Factor Authentication :: Working With Applications :: Your Online Resources :: Your Personal Learning Environment :: Back up Your Data Before Graduation :: Support
Your personal Learning Environment(PLE)Your Personal Learning Environment (PLE) is how you engage in learning; the PLE model of learning has four interacting components:
- connect-Among the ways that you can connect to information is through lectures, your classmates and colleagues, the library, and the web
- collect-You collect the information that you connected to for later use in an organized and purposeful way
- reflect-After you have obtained the information, you reflect on it to integrate it into your personal experiences to make it useful
- share-The information is shared with others as part of your learning and the learning of others, and leads to the top of this list.
How does your Surface Tablet as part of your Personal Learning EnvironmentYour Surface Pro Tablet can help you facilitate your Personal Learning Environment in the aspects of connecting, collecting, reflecting, and sharing.
- Online resources (publications, databases, blogs)
- Canvas Learning Management System (course materials)
- Collect your course resources and research in Box and OneDrive cloud storage
- Use OneNote to take course notes like a traditional notebook(and share it with your classmates and instructors)
- Use OneNote to embed and/or reference images, links, embedded videos, draw diagrams, and more!
- Download and take notes directly on course PDFs on your Surface Pro (insert > PDF printout) Follow these directions from Microsoft.
- Write papers in Word, submit them on Canvas
- Participate in online discussions in Canvas
- Share OneNote notebooks with your MBA colleagues
- Paricipate in online discussions in Canvas