CloudFax - Migration steps
This document explains the migration steps for users who are migrating their analog fax number to the CloudFax service on September 28, 2020. Learn more about the CloudFax project.
As a Key User, IT Contact, or Migration Partner, you should complete the following steps. The IT Contact and Migration Partner will only need to complete these steps if a key user has not been identified for a fax number.
Steps to send faxes
- Enable your primary email account to send faxes now.
- Tell faculty, staff, and student employees who need to send faxes to enable their primary email account.
- Learn how to digitize documents by reviewing the Scan-to-Email Guide and Scan Documents from Home/Office KnowledgeBase documents.
Steps to receive faxes
When contacted by the CloudFax project team, you will need to do the following:
- Verify your access to the Office 365 service account that is associated with your fax number.
- Verify your ability to add and remove additional users to the Office 365 service account.
- Learn how to add/remove users to an Office 365 service account.
Attend an online training session. Information about training dates and links will be available at https://it.wisc.edu/it-projects/cloud-fax-project/.
Contact the DoIT Help Desk if you have any questions or feedback.