Adobe Acrobat - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
How to Install and Sign In
Faculty and staff can download Acrobat by following the directions in Adobe Creative Cloud - Logging in with Your UW-Madison Account.
As Acrobat is a part of Adobe Creative Cloud, you can check to see if you are eligible to use Adobe Creative Cloud services from UW System Eligibility for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe Acrobat has been licensed by the UW-System for use by faculty and staff on both UW- and personally-owned devices, as well as those with UW-owned machines provisioned with Shared Device Licensing. Please check with your local IT staff to see if they can install Adobe Acrobat for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products.
- Adobe Education Exchange Acrobat materials
- Adobe Acrobat video tutorials
- Adobe Acrobat Learn and Support
- Lynda.com and LinkedIn Learning have excellent tutorials on Adobe Acrobat. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Acrobat XI. Note that while you can download and install Acrobat XI at the time this kb document was written, you can also download and install Acrobat DC which looks somewhat different than Acrobat XI but includes the same functionality.
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Acrobat.
Documentation and Resources
UW Madison Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Acrobat please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.
Note: To get started with Acrobat, you will need to log in with the campus Adobe license: Adobe Creative Cloud - Logging in with Your UW-Madison Account.