Adobe Acrobat - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
Adobe Acrobat is a tool for PDF file viewing, editing, and creation. This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe Acrobat, and a list of resources on Acrobat both online and at UW-Madison.
DownloadAdobe Acrobat has been licensed by UW-System for use by faculty and staff on both UW- and personally-owned devices and by everyone on UW-owned machines provisioned with Shared Device Licensing. Please check with your local IT staff to see if they can install Adobe Acrobat for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Faculty and staff can download Acrobat by following the directions in KB doc 69772.
- Adobe Education Exchange Acrobat materials
- Adobe TV Acrobat videos
- Adobe Acrobat tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Acrobat. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Acrobat XI. Note that while you can download and install Acrobat XI at the time this kb document was written, you can also download and install Acrobat DC which looks somewhat different than Acrobat XI but includes the same functionality. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see [Link for document 21984 is unavailable at this time.]
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Acrobat.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Acrobat please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to schedule a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.