How to Sign In With Your Adobe Federated Account to Access Creative Cloud Software
This is the procedure used to sign in to an Adobe Federated Account at UW-Madison.
- Full- and part-time faculty and staff paid through UW-Madison central payroll are licensed for installation of Adobe Creative Cloud on either personally- or departmentally-owned computers and are automatically assigned a federated login.
- Adobe software licensed under UW System's Adobe Enterprise Term License Agreement (ETLA; https://kb.wisc.edu/35407) is distributed separately by each of the UW's organizational entities. Faculty and staff paid through other campuses should contact their campus's central IT to find out how to download and install the licensed Adobe software.
- Grad students were not included in faculty and staff counts for the Adobe contract, so are not eligible for a no-charge federated Adobe login.
- Students who have purchased a subscription to Creative Cloud can also use the procedure below to sign in to their purchased Adobe Federated account.
- Please note that you will not receive a product code after you purchase. Instead, you will gain access to an Adobe/UW federated login that will give you access to Creative Cloud using your firstname.lastname@example.org email address with the procedure below.
- Please note that your Adobe Federated account is completely separate from any other Adobe accounts you may have, even if prior Adobe accounts use your email@example.com email address. If you do have a prior Adobe account under your firstname.lastname@example.org email address, you'll be presented with a choice between Personal account and Company or school account when signing in. To access your Federated Account, choose Company or school account.
The Creative Cloud Desktop app is the best way to download, install, and update your Creative Cloud apps. You can follow these instructions to download and install the Creative Cloud Desktop app:
You must have administrative rights to install Creative Cloud.
After you install and open the Creative Cloud Desktop app, be sure to log in with your email@example.com email address and choose Company or school account (see image below) if presented with that option.
When you launch the Creative Cloud Desktop app, an Apps tab should appear:
If the Apps tab doesn't appear, please follow one of these procedures to fix it: