Leaving the University - Students
This document assists in determining what resources a departing student needs in order to backup or transfer the data they have stored in DoIT-provided services.
Will you be employed by the University as faculty or staff once you are no longer a student (either due to withdrawal or graduation)?
As long as you will be converted to faculty or staff immediately upon withdrawal or graduation, or are already working in an employment position that will not end following your withdrawal/graduation, you will continue to be eligible for the same IT services as when you were a student.
If you are unsure whether your employment position will be active immediately, please contact your Human Resources department to verify your appointment start date. If you believe there may be a delay between your end date as a student and your start date as an employee, please go back one step and review the recommendations for "No continuing affiliation" to ensure that you do not lose any data.
It is your responsibility to review all data you may have stored and determine what needs to be backed up or transferred. Once your account and data have been deleted, they are gone forever.
Based on what you've told us, we recommend reviewing the below documents for any service you have used while at UW-Madison:
Where Can I Go For Help?
- If you have any questions about your student status, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your access to Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Box, or Qualtrics, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
- Note: Canvas access will be retained, but access to courses will be at the discretion of instructors.
After your access to select services changes, you will continue to be eligible for Help Desk support for your UW-Madison Microsoft 365, MyUW, and Google Workspace accounts after remaining services have been deactivated.
- Leaving the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Help Desk (Former Student) - Steps to take before your access to Microsoft 365, Google, Box, Qualtrics, and Zoom changes
- Help Desk - Resources for Microsoft 365, Google, Zoom, Box, and Qualtrics account changes or deactivations
- Help Desk - Deactivation Timeline for Microsoft 365, Google, Zoom, Box, Qualtrics
- Help Desk - Deactivation Notifications for Microsoft 365, Google, Zoom, Box, and Qualtrics
- Leaving the University - Recommendations for Extracting Email from Microsoft 365 (Former Students)