Cisco VoIP - Jabber Calling Basics (Windows/Mac)
This document explains how make a call, answer a call, and put a call on hold using the Cisco Jabber application. Please watch the video or follow the steps outlined below. Please note video uses an earlier version of Jabber.
How do I make a call?
- Open the Cisco Jabber app. (Make sure your headset is connected.)
- Type the phone number or contact name into the search box at the top of the screen. (Please see Cisco VoIP - Dialing patterns.)
- Click the phone icon/call button to the right of the search box. This will dial the number.
How do I answer a call?
- For an incoming call, the headset will ring and the Cisco Jabber app will alert you with a notification pop-up in the bottom right-hand corner of your desktop.
- In the notification pop-up, click Answer or Decline. Decline will send the call to voicemail.
- The active call window will open when the call is answered.
How do I put a call on hold?
- In the active call window, click the More button at the bottom of the window.
- Select Hold.
- To resume the call, click Resume.