CCI Private Cloud - Patching a CentOS 7 VM
This document will provide guidance on applying security patches for your CentOS VM.
**Best practice recommendation is to take a snapshot of a VM prior to patching. Instructions: Managing VM Snapshots.**
- Access your VM via CCI Private Cloud Portal or SSH
- Enter your username and password
- Sudo yum update
- Updates will load and indicate amount of updates and file size
- Type Y and hit enter
- VM will begin software updates
- When complete you will return to terminal prompt when finished
Incident Reporting & Technical Support
CCI Private Cloud Incident Reporting
- Customers should contact the DoIT Help Desk to report an incident or check the outages page for an CCI Private Cloud incident.
- Formal support is provided for CCI Private Cloud during business hours only. After-hours support is best effort.
CCI Private Cloud Technical Support