Engineering VPN: PaloAlto GlobalConnect
This document contains instructions on how to install and use PaloAlto Global Connect VPN for the College of Engineering.
Please note that there are multiple VPN profiles in the GlobalProtect client. Step 1 will get you started with WiscVPN, but to access the Engineering profiles, you will need to return to this document and add the appropriate CoE profile found in steps 2-6.
1. To begin please download and install PaloAlto GlobalProtect.
2. Once installed, you will be asked for a portal address. Please choose from the following addresses depending on your account. If necessary, more information on account types can be found here.
|Graduate Students / Staff||engr-full.vpn.wisc.edu
3. Once you have chosen your address, enter it into the GlobalProtect Client.
4. The client will then prompt you to sign in. Enter your CAE username and password.
*If you have not yet activated your Engineering VPN or you are not entering your CAE credentials, you will get an error saying you are an unauthorized user. You can activate your VPN here. If you forgot your CAE credentials, you can recover them here.*
5. Once you are connected, a checkmark will be visible and there will be a button to disconnect.
6. On Windows, in the future (after the first time using GlobalProtect), you will be able to use the drop down menu to choose which VPN you would like to connect to (Full, Split, License, or Collaborator). Please note that you will only be able to connect to the VPN's which you are allowed (see chart above).
For MacOS, in order to switch VPN's you must first disconnect from the VPN you are using, and then switch the portal address (not the gateway). You may find you need to manually enter the different portal addresses before selecting them in the drop-down. You can do so by going to the menu in the upper right hand corner (three bars) and selecting "Settings." (see below)