Topics Map > Communications Committee (CC) > 2009-2010
Communications Committee Minutes 1-8-10
Academic Staff Communications Committee Meeting minutes
9:30am - 11:00am
Room 302 Teacher Education
Present: Renee, Greg, Dick, Bob A., Bob R., Brian (notes)
Absent: Mary, Bruce
1. The Dec. 18 meeting was not held. Agenda moved to this meeting. Minutes from 11/6/09 meeting were approved without changes.
2. The new website has received positive feedback.
- Brian reported that his developer met with Mary to help her learn how to make more significant edits to the site, so the Secretary's office can handle edits. Brian (DoIT) will continue to make larger/multimedia edits for the foreseeable future.
- News Blog needs to have the Comments feature added. Brian will get it done.
- The video needs to be posted to the home page. Brian will fix.
- Renee noted that the Profile hasn't changed for some time. She will look in to creating a new one.
3. We discussed revising the video and decided it doesn't need to be changed just yet. We will, however, develop a way (video?) to encourage AS to create their own videos and post them (thru us?). Renee will look in to setting up a YouTube or Vimeo channel for this. Renee will craft an invite email (and video?) for this.
We will also look in to setting up an area in the back of the ASA meetings where we will ask people to do a brief interview.
- Brian will ask Donna about purchasing a Flip video camera for AS use.
3. Communications Plan tasks. Bob R. said he received survey feedback from Mark and Renee. No other actions have been taken. The 10/2/09 version of the Plan is on the web.
4. Next meetings: February 5, March 5, April 9, May 7
9:30 am to 11:00 am; 302 Teacher Education for all meetings