Connecting to School of Education Network Resources (MacOS)
Instructions for connecting to a network drive on Mac with pictures
Connecting to a Network Drive from MacOS:
Make sure you are connected to the School of Education Network either via ethernet cord in one of our buildings or our GlobalProtect VPN service. See Mac instructions to connect to the VPN: https://kb.wisc.edu/education/82398
1. Open your Finder application: From the top utility bar Click on Go and select Connect to Server.
2. To connect to your personal network share (P: drive) **This is a legacy service, the majority of School of Education users do not have personal drives at this time
In the Connect to Server dialogue box, in the Server Address field, enter smb://maple.ad.education.wisc.edu/username where username is your School of Education username.3. To connect to your department network share (S: drive):
Problems connecting? Try entering the following instead: smb://maple.ad.education.wisc.edu/home$/username where username is your School of Education username.
In the Connect to Server dialogue box, in the Server Address field, enter smb://maple.ad.education.wisc.edu/SOE_Departments/deptname where deptname is the acronym for your department name (ie: CI, EOP, EP, etc.). You can find the acronym for the network drive corresponding to your department here: https://kb.wisc.edu/education/1026314. Click on the + (plus) icon to add the server name to your Favorite Servers.
5. When you are prompted for your credentials be sure to select "Registered User". Enter your School of Education username and password NOTE: username defaults to your computer username on the mac machine you're using but you must use your School of Education username and password.
6. Click Connect to continue.
7. Optional: In your Finder preferences be sure that you have "connected servers" selected to display on your desktop/sidebar for quick access.