1. All UW-Madison personnel listed on a human subjects protocol must take CITI Human Subjects Research Training using their NetIDs. UW-Madison IRBs accept the following CITI Human Subjects Research Training courses: UW Biomedical, UW Social and Behavioral, and the Madison VA Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice.
2. Login to CITI through the UW CITI portal with your NetID. If this is your first time logging in, a NetID linked CITI account will automatically be created for you.
3. If this is your first time taking UW-Madison’s Human Subjects Research Training, select the Main Menu tab and click on the “Add Course or Update Your Learner Groups” link under the "University of Wisconsin Madison Courses" drop-down to add the basic course that is most relevant to your research (See Question 2 on the “Add Course or Update Your Learner Groups” page).
4. If you previously took a UW-Madison basic course and your training is about to expire (UW-Madison Human Subjects Research Training is valid for three
years), you can take a refresher course. The refresher course should automatically appear in your CITI account.
5. Once you have the relevant courses in your account, click on the course title to begin the course and follow the instructions within CITI to complete your training. On average, it takes two hours to complete a basic course and one hour to complete a refresher course. If needed, courses can be completed in multiple sessions.
6. Once you have completed the course(s), your training will be visible in the CITI Training Lookup and ARROW after the next download of data from CITI. Downloads of training data from CITI occur at 12:00 am, 6:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 6:00 pm CST.
7. If you experience any difficulty, please contact the Office of Research Policy at email@example.com or 608-890-4399. Support is provided Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
|Keywords:||CITI, Human Subjects Training, Instructions, Training, lookup, look up||Doc ID:||32559|
|Owner:||Ryan M.||Group:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education and Graduate School|
|Created:||2013-08-06 13:15 CST||Updated:||2015-02-27 13:40 CST|
|Sites:||Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education and Graduate School|
|Feedback:||16 23 Comment Suggest a new document|