Topics Map > Research Policy and Compliance > Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) > Human Subjects Research Training
Instructions for Linking CITI Training to Your NetID
If you took CITI training without your current NetID, you will need to follow the below instructions to link your CITI training to your NetID. Linking may be needed if you took CITI training at an institution other than UW-Madison or the VA. UW-Madison does not accept training taken at other institutions, but you can receive credit for any modules in the UW-Madison training that you have already completed.
1. Login through the UW-Madison CITI portal, which will automatically create a NetID linked CITI account for you.
2. Then login to the other account containing your training at CITIProgram.org (this should not be the same account that you created in step 1) and take note of the CITI Member ID that is at the top right of the Main Menu page.
3. Next, email the Office of Research Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the merger of your training into your NetID linked CITI account and provide them with the Member ID from step 2.
4. Office of Research Policy staff will then e-mail the CITI Program at the University of Miami to request the merger. The CITI Program typically completes merger requests within a week and will CC you on the confirmation email.
5. UW-Madison does not accept training from other institutions. If you completed CITI training at an institution other than UW-Madison or the VA, you'll need to login to your merged account through the UW-Madison CITI portal, add the relevant UW-Madison human subjects course (see “Instructions for Completing CITI Human Subjects Research Training” link at the bottom of this page), and complete any uncompleted modules.
- Any modules in a UW-Madison CITI course that you completed at another institution will automatically be marked as complete in the UW-Madison CITI course.
6. Once the merger is complete or you complete any additional modules required by UW, your training will be visible in the Training Lookup and ARROW after the next download of data from CITI. Downloads of training data from CITI occur at 12:00 am, 6:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 6:00 pm CST.
7. If you experience any difficulty, please contact the Office of Research Policy at email@example.com