UW-Madison Box - Recommended Browsers and Operating Systems
On July 19, 2023, Box will no longer allow users to connect to Box from Internet Explorer 11. Please use one of the below Browsers instead of Internet Explorer 11.
In general, Box supports the current and prior major releases of the following web browser and desktop/mobile Operating System (OS) versions on a rolling basis.
The following browsers are fully supported for use with Box:
Chrome - The two latest, released versions.
Firefox - The two latest, released versions.
Safari - The two latest, released versions on macOS.
Microsoft Edge - The latest two versions of the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based).
- Box Tools and Box Notes are not supported on the legacy version of Microsoft Edge.
Note: Certain applications will not function in browser modes that do not support cookies (e.g. incognito mode in Google Chrome), or browsers configured to prevent the creation of cookies. For more information on managing cookies as well as links to instructions for enabling them on individual browsers, see: Web Browsers - Cookies FAQ.
The following operating systems are fully supported for use with Box:
- Windows - The two latest released versions.
- macOS - The two latest major versions.
- Box Sync is not supported on Apple Silicon Devices (e.g. M1 chip)
- Android - All versions of Android released within the last three years.
- iOS - The two latest released versions.
Additional information on Box software requirements can be found here: Understand the Box Policy For Browser and OS Support