Topics Map > Campus Services > WiscList > WiscList Custom
WiscList Custom (Mac) - Uploading a Dataset Using Terminal
This document outlines the procedure for uploading a dataset to WiscList Custom using the Terminal application on the Mac OS X.
Before attempting to upload a dataset, you must first:
- Generate an SSH public and private key pair and submit the public key and the name of your dataset via the WiscList Custom interface. See the following for more information: WiscList Custom (Mac) - Generate an SSH Key Using Terminal.
- Wait to receive notification that your key has been authorized and WiscList Custom is ready to receive your data set.
- Generate a dataset for use with WiscList Custom. See: WiscList Custom - Dataset Format Instructions.
look like this.
- Open the Terminal application located at: /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
- Enter the following command to connect to WiscList Custom via SFTP:
- Enter the following command, replacing "dataset" with the full path to your dataset (e.g. ~/Desktop/myDataset):
put -P dataset
- Enter the following command to terminate your SFTP session:
You just uploaded your dataset! WiscList Custom will processes datasets once per day and will send you an email notification when your list is ready for use.