Topics Map > Business Systems > Enterprise Content Management Service (ECMS)
ECMS - Use JIRA to Request Add/Change/Delete User Account for Imaging Service
In order to add new users or change existing users to the Imaging Service, you must use the JIRA issue tracking software tool supported by UW-Madison, Division of Information Technology (DoIT). When a Department Lead or Data Custodian creates an issue in JIRA to add or change a user account for Imaging, that issue is assigned to the Security Team at DoIT for resolution.
This document describes how a Department Lead or Data Custodian would use JIRA to create an issue for adding, changing or deleting user accounts for the Perceptive Content (Imaging) Service.
Note: Data Custodians in need of technical support should use the information on this page to request it.
Note: Users need to have an active appointment in PeopleSoft HRS to use the Imaging Service. The UDDS for their appointment is required to complete this form.
Note: A Compliance Agreement must be on file. SecAuth will confirm that a Compliance Agreement is on file before taking action on any request.
Log into JIRA to Create Issue for Add, Change, Delete User Account for Imaging Service
- Log into the JIRA issue tracking product by clicking on URL: https://jira.doit.wisc.edu.
- In the University of Wisconsin System authentication page, select your organization/campus, and click Go.
- In the University of Wisconsin - [campus name] Login screen, enter your campus NetID and Password; press either Enter or click Log in (The JIRA main menu displays automatically.)
- From the JIRA main menu, click Create to create a new issue.
- In the Create Issue window, all required fields are marked with a red asterisk character ( * ). From the Create Issue screen:
- Click in the Project field, and select Imaging Security (IMAGING) from the drop-down menu.
- Click in the Issue Type field, and select Task from the drop-down menu.
- In the Summary field, enter a brief summation of the issue; not the full detailed description which you'll enter later. Note: The Summary field acts as the title of the issue.
- In the optional Priority field, the default value is Major. You can either accept this default value or click on the drop-down menu and choose another option that reflects the priority of the request (e.g. Critical, Minor).
- The Create Issue screen now shows three new fields for Due Date, Reporter, and Assignee located after the Priority field and before the Description field.
- In the optional Due Date field, the default is set to the current date. You may leave as is or click on the calendar icon to select the desired due date in day/month/year format.
- The Reporter field defaults to your name, as the person creating the issue.
- The Assignee field allows you to assign the issue to another individual or Team name. Click on the drop-down menu, and select Team: Imaging Sec Req.
- The 10 items listed below are required for all requests. This information may be added to the Description field or it may be part of an attached document. Note: Attached documents allow you to make multiple requests and gather the required information before creating the JIRA issue.
- Imaging Database Environment: [Production / Test]
- Change Request Type: [Add/Change/Inactivate] User
- Campus ID: Example: UW-Madison NetID, UW-Milwaukee Panther ID, etc.
- Full Name: [User's full name]
- Type of Employment: [FTE/LTE/Student]
- Full UDDS (Business Unit,Division,Department,Sub-department): [Example: A067130] - Include the campus letter designation
- Email Address: [UserEmailAddress] NOTE: this needs to be the user's Institutional email address!
- Batch Security Required? [Yes or No]
- Group Name(s): [GroupName(s)] (all UW Madison users need A_UW_Madison_Campus_Users group to be able to login)
- Type of Group Change: [Add/Remove]
- If you are making multiple user requests, you can attach a file by clicking the Select files button in the Attachment section.
- Once step 7 has been successfully completed DoIT Security Authorizations will send an email containing a link to an online Imaging Compliance DocuSign form for the end user to sign. The email containing the link will have the subject line of "DocuSign ImageNow Compliance For <<Name>>", it will be addressed to the end user, and the requester of the jira will be cc'd on the email. Once the compliance form is signed and the end user clicks "Finish" the DocuSign form will be routed back to Security Authorization to complete the Imaging account creation request. Please alert your user(s) to expect an email to their institutional email account with the subject line of "DocuSign ImageNow Compliance For <<Name>>" and that they will need to follow the link in the email and complete the DocuSign form.
- The Create Issue screen also shows additional fields for Category, Module and Epic Link below the Attachment section. Note: The Epic Link field is not used by the Imaging Service and can be ignored.
- In the Category field, click on the drop-down menu, and select User Request.
- The Module field displays the group name of all areas on campus who use the Imaging Service. Click on the drop-down menu, and select the name of your group (e.g. Accounting Services). Note: The name selected in the Module field is considered the primary module owner.
- Click Create.
- JIRA displays the newly created issue and automatically assigns a tracking identifier beginning with the words, "IMAGING" followed by a number (e.g. IMAGING-2346).
- The default Status of the issue will be set to Open. Note: If you receive an error and the issue is not created, please contact the