Topics Map > Campus Services > Office 365
Office 365 (Apple Mail) - Send an email to a contact
This document contains instructions on using a non-Microsoft email client, such as Apple Mail or Thunderbird. Microsoft does not recommend these clients for use with Office 365, and there are often significant limitations in client functionality as a result. Because of this, the DoIT Help Desk is only able to offer best effort support for these clients, and certain issues may require the use of a Microsoft client in order to be resolved. For more information on Office 365 client support, please see: Office 365 - Which clients/protocols will be supported?.
Best Effort Support Only
This document explains about sending an email/message to a contact using Apple Mail. These instructions are for Mac OS 10.9, but are likely to be similar for Mac OS 10.5-8.
To send an email/message to a contact:
- In the top left, click Compose new message.
- In the new message window, click the (+) button in the To and/or Cc fields.
- A menu will open up where you can browse through your contacts. Select the contact you want to send the message to.
- Note that you can use the search bar in the menu to search through your contacts.
- Add a subject.
- Type your message.
- Click Send Message in the top left.