Topics Map > Campus Services > Electronic Lab Notebooks
LabArchives: Authorizing apps using your UW-Madison credentials
How to log in to a LabArchives mobile app or third party applications using your UW-Madison credentials.
Important: Before installing and using the LabArchives app on a mobile device (either personal or university-owned), it is recommended that you comply with the steps outlined to make your devices more secure (https://it.wisc.edu/news/7-simple-steps-make-devices-secure/) as it is essential to protect university data.
Follow these instructions when you are using a LabArchives mobile device app or third party application.
For more information about the mobile device apps see LabArchives: Mobile apps. For more information about the third party applications see LabArchives: How to install Folder Monitor plug-in and LabArchives: Integrate with MS-Office .
- From the browser on your device, open your LabArchives account.
- In the drop-down menu under your user name, select LA App Authentication.
- A temporary password token for external applications will appear. Use the email address displayed as the username and copy the password token. Note: this password token will expire after one hour.
- Open the LabArchives app on your device. Enter the email address that was displayed and paste in the password token on the login screen.
- To avoid creating and entering a new token each time you use the mobile, set the Autologin setting for the LabArchives app to ON. (Mobile applications only)
Note: New versions of the app may require you to repeat these steps.