Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Kaltura
Kaltura - Add or Editing Chapters (UW-Madison)
You can easily navigate through video content using slides and chapters in Kaltura Players using the Navigation Menu. You can add, edit, and delete chapters and slides when editing videos through Kaltura MediaSpace.
For more information on using chapters in Kaltura videos and using slides to enhance the Kaltura video experience, please see the Kaltura knowledgebase document: The Kaltura Player- Editing/Deleting Chapters and Slides. A short summary of how to add or edit a chapter marker for a video in Kaltura MediaSpace:
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit. Click on the media’s Edit button to the right of the right of the thumbnail - it looks like a pencil:
- Click the Timeline tab.
- Play the video or move the cursor to the point you want to add a chapter.
- Click the Create a new Chapter button on the left side of the timeline:
- You now have the option to upload a new chapter thumbnail, enter a chapter title, and chapter description. You can also edit the time at which the chapter marker is placed and enter search tags. Click Save when you are done editing your chapter marker:
Once saved the Save button will turn green and indicate Saved. You now have the optoion to View in Player or Delete Chapter if you wish.
- Clicking View in Player will update the media preview above. Click the three line menu to view your chapters:
It can sometimes be difficult to see if your video has a light background. Once clicked your chapters will display on the left of the video. Click a chapter to navigate to that point in your video:
- If you want to edit or delete a chapter marker, mouse over the chapter you want to edit in the timeline. A preview of the chapter will appear - click on the chapter if you want to edit it. The Chapter information will appear below. Edit the fields you want or click Delete Chapter to remove it.