Topics Map > Campus Services > WiscWeb CMS
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Updating User Permissions
This document will describe how to update a user's access to your site in WiscWeb.
Updating a User's Access to Your Site
You must be a Site Administrator to update user permissions on your site. Please use the following steps to update a user's permissions:
- Access the Dashboard for your site
- Click on Users to access your list of users
- Select the User you wish to update
- Click on the arrows in the Box that says "Change role to..."
- Select the role for this user
- Click Change
WiscWeb uses the standard WordPress User Roles which are:
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site. The Events Calendar and Gravity Forms plugins require this level of access to create and update items from within the plugins.
- Editor - somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.