Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning
Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Requesting Student Activity Data From Pressbooks
This document covers basic information on requesting a report on student use of a Pressbooks module. It also covers creating an export from Learning Locker for those technology staff who have access. Finally, the document covers basic information on Pressbooks analytics and what information is or is not captured in the Learning Locker.
If you are an instructor and would like to request a data export from Learning Locker for one of your Pressbooks modules:
- Contact the DoIT Help Desk and indicate that you would like assistance with a data report for a Pressbooks module. Please include the following information: your Pressbooks URL, your Canvas course URL, the list of specific data you need, and when you need the report.
- A Learn@UW-Madison team member will either contact you to request additional information, or they will send you a CSV file with the requested data within a few business days.
Analytics from Pressbooks
Only Pressbooks with H5P activities are able to send xAPI statements Learning Locker. We are able to capture a variety of data including user answers to questions and what time the user submitted them. Depending on how a Pressbooks module is designed with H5P activities, these data can be used to interpret a wide variety of situations.
Because analytics from Pressbooks is tied to interactions with embedded H5P activities, the following data is not collected:
Pressbooks is unable to (directly) send data about:
- How long students spend viewing in a reading.
- What information students click on within the reading. For example, there isn't data that directly corresponds to clicks on Hypothes.is annotations, glossary items, or external sources.
- Time spent viewing embedded video or listening to embedded audio.
If you have questions about what data is available, please contact the DoIT Help Desk to request a consultation.
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Getting Started with Pressbooks to author interactive modules
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - CSCR Alternative Tools (UW-Madison)
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Using interactive Storyline modules with WordPress/GrassBlade, Learning Locker, and Canvas
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Requesting Student Activity Data for Storyline Modules From Learning Locker
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Uploading a Storyline module to WordPress/GrassBlade
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Sending a grade from a Storyline module in WordPress to Canvas