Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Learn@UW
Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Problems accessing online resources and e-Reserves
Some instructors link to online course readings or other online resources that are hosted outside of Learn@UW. Because these resources aren't stored within Learn@UW, there may sometimes be additional complications accessing those resources.
Accessing Library resources off-campus
Some Library resources are restricted to on-campus computers or authenticated students, faculty and staff. To access these resources from off-campus, you will need to login via the EZProxy. More information about accessing Library resources from off-campus can be found in Library - Remote Access to Library Resources.
If your Learn@UW course has a link to the Library/Reserves page, but it does not display reserves as expected, log into My UW-Madison to see if library reserves for your course appear there. Students can find this information in the My Courses portlet, while instructors can find it in the Teaching Resources module.
- If a link to Library/Reserves exists in My UW-Madison but not in Learn@UW, contact the DoIT Help Desk to report the issue.
- If reserves do not appear in either location, it may be that the Library Course Page has not yet been created for the course. If you are a student, contact your instructor to report the issue. If you are an instructor, contact the Library Technology Group for assistance.
If you are having trouble viewing other external content not described above, you should try the following:
- Access the content using a different web browser or on another computer
- See whether anyone else can access the content
- Identify whether the content requires a specific program to open (e.g. Adobe Reader) and whether other files of that type work