Topics Map > Campus Services > Backup & Storage > Bucky Backup
Bucky Backup - Changing a Bucky Backup Node Password for Windows
This document explains how to change the password of a Bucky Backup Windows node. If you need to have a Bucky Backup node password reset, contact the DoIT Help Desk.
A Bucky Backup node password must use a minimum of 8 characters and can be up to 63 characters in length, is not case sensitive, and can be comprised of the following characters:
|A-Z||Any letter; A through Z, upper or lower case|
|0-9||Any number; 0 through 9|
Note: Bucky Backup passwords can meet the Minimum Password Policy for UW-Madison, it is recommended that you set a password that is at least eight characters in length and contains at least one letter, one number, and one special character.
Changing a Bucky Backup Node Password
- Make sure you are logged onto the machine as a user with Administrator privileges.
- Go to Start -> (All) Programs -> Tivoli Storage Manager -> Backup Archive GUI.
- Enter your node's password if prompted.
- Go to Utilities -> Change Password.
- Fill in the 3 password fields as specified and click Change.