Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Operating Systems > Mac OS X
Mac OS X - How to Determine If an Application is Running in Classic or Native Mode
The following are some indications you can look for to tell what mode the application is running in:
When running an application how can I tell if it is running in Classic mode or in native mode?
Classic Mode applications
- The apple menu in the left hand corner will be multi-colored.
- The name or icon of the application will appear in the upper right hand corner of the menu bar.
- Windows for classic applications will have the a close box in the upper left hand corner and a window shade and resize box in the right hand corner
- The apple menu in the left hand corner will be blue.
- Windows will have three colored "stones" (red, yellow and green) in the upper left hand corner