CloudFax - Quick Start Guide
Below is a quick start guide on how to use CloudFax. The service allows individuals to send faxes via the Outlook desktop application to fax lines.
Send a fax
- Create a new email message
- Enter the fax number as an email address. (Example: To: email@example.com)
- Enter content in the Subject field
- Note: Content entered in the Subject field will populate the default cover page's "Regarding" field
- View the default cover page here
- Attach the file to be faxed
- (Optional) Enter cover page content in the email body
- Note: If you enter text in the body of the email, the fax service will create a cover page for your fax instead of using the cover page you included in your attachment. The text entered in the body of the email will populate the body of the cover letter. If you do not want the fax service to override your preferred cover page, do not include any text in the body of your email.
- Press Send
- Periodically check either your Inbox or the Inbox of the service account associated with your fax number for fax status messages
Receive a fax
- Periodically check either your Inbox or the Inbox of the service account associated with your fax number for an email with an attached fax file
- View, save, print, or forward the fax to another @wisc.edu or @uwhealth.org email domain
Common error messages
"Invalid email address" - This indicates that you have not registered the email address from which you are attempting to send a fax. Contact you fax administrator to get your sending email address properly set up.
"Voice answer detected" - The phone number you entered was connected to a phone instead of a fax machine. Check the fax number and resend.
"Number of retries exceeded" - This indicates that the dialed fax number was busy for an extended period of time, and numerous attempts to connect failed as a result. Try again later.
"Attachment is invalid" - The file attached to the email message was not one of the supported file types. View supported file types .
View the complete fax online user guide here: http://concordfax.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Fax-Online-User-Guide.pdf