ISIS Upgrade 12/2-12/12 (student data affected)
Posted: 18:00:00, Sunday, Nov 27, 2005 Expiration: 18:00:00, Saturday, Dec 10, 2005
From 5:00 pm on Friday, December 2 through 8:00 am on December 12, computerized student record information and Web Enrollment will be unavailable.
All UW-Madison students: your attention please...
Beginning at 5:00 pm on Friday, December 2 through Monday, December 12 at 8:00 a.m., a technical upgrade will occur to the Integrated Student Information System. During this upgrade period, all computerized student record information and enrollment activity will not be available for update.
How will this impact me?
Many services (including the student record, enrollment and financial tabs in My UW-Madison) will not be available. All continuing students will have been released to enroll for their Spring Term 2006 classes before the upgrade begins on Friday, December 2 at 5:00 pm. Web enrollment activities will not be available during the upgrade outage, but will resume again at 8:00 am on Monday, December 12.
You can expect a new look, called Student Center, in the My UW-Madison portal on Monday, December 12 as you access your student and financial information, and continue adjusting course enrollment for the Spring Term. You can preview this new look during the outage week through an online demonstration in My UW-Madison on the My Front Page, Student Record and Financial Tabs.
Will any help be available?
Office staff will be available for general questions and to assist you in any way possible. We will continue to provide you with updates as appropriate.
How can I be prepared?
If at all possible, please take care of your university business prior to 5:00 pm on Friday, December 2nd or wait until Monday, December 12th when services will be available.
To help you plan ahead, several offices have provided some details about services that will or will not be available during this outage. Please see below. If you have questions about services not listed here, please call the appropriate office.
As always, thanks for your cooperation.
Office of the Registrar
- Transcripts or DARS reports will not be available
- Class enrollment (including adds, changes, drops) will not be possible
- The course timetable on the web will not be refreshed during this time
- There will be no up-to-the-minute course schedule available
- Name and/or address changes will not be possible
- Grade changes will not be processed
- Fee assessments can not be made
- Up-to-date information for advisors will not be available
- The Office of the Registrar website at http://registrar.wisc.edu/ will be accessible. If you have questions about student record services, please call (608) 262-3811 or send an email to the customer service staff at email@example.com
Student Financial Services
- Updates to financial aid will not be made between December 2nd and December 12th
- Forms submitted will not be processed
- Award letters cannot be generated
- Funds will not be disbursed
- There will be no appointment times available with counselors
- 'View My Financial Aid' & 'Accept/Decline Financial Aid', the financial aid self-service modules in My UW and My Info, will be unavailable.
- The Office of Student Financial Services website at http://www.finaid.wisc.edu/ will be accessible. If you have questions about financial aid services, please call (608) 262-3060 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bursar's Office - Student Financials
- Up-to-date student financial information or processing will not be available
- There will be no refunds
- Payments will not be posted
- On-line payments will not be possible
- Departmental scholarships will not be posted
- The Bursar's Office website at http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/bursar/bursar.html will be accessible. If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com or call (608) 262-3611.
- There will be no application processing (examples: entering new applications, making admission decisions, sending acknowledgment or decision letters, making application information updates/changes)
- Transfer credit related to exams (AP, IB, CLEP) or college courses will not be processed
- Applicant status information through My UW will not be available
- The Office of Admissions website at www.admissions.wisc.edu will be accessible. If you have questions about admissions services, please call (608) 262-3961 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Available and/or Limited Services:
- Applications may be submitted but will not be processed.
- I20 processing not will occur.
- Applicant status check will be frozen at the beginning of the outage and will not change until after the outage.
- Letters of Recommendation will not be affected.
- Reentries and term changes will not be processed. http://info.gradsch.wisc.edu/admin/admissions/index.html
- University special and guest student applications (on line and hard copy) can be submitted, but will not be processed until December 12, 2005. Applications should be submitted by November 21, 2005 to guarantee processing prior to December 2, 2005
- Advisors will not have access to current records, therefore appointments should be scheduled before December 2nd or after December 12th.
- Please see the list under Office of the Registrar. http://www.dcs.wisc.edu/ Call 608-263-6960, or Email email@example.com
- The Housing database, for the most part, will not be affected. Contact the Housing Assignment Office at (608) 262-2522 if you have questions regarding your contract status, room assignment, or quarterly bill. http://www.housing.wisc.edu/
-- Registrars Office
Created: 05:35:37, Monday, Nov 28, 2005 (by System U.)
Updated: 09:59:57, Monday, Dec 12, 2005 (by System U.)