Blackboard Collaborate Service Ending 6/30/21
Posted: 08:52:15, Monday, Jun 28, 2021 Expiration: 08:52:15, Friday, Jul 9, 2021
The Blackboard Collaborate Service is ending 6/30/21 for all UW System schools. At that time, it will no longer be accessible through MyUW. UW-Madison encourages faculty, staff and students to use Zoom as its replacement. For Summer 2021, UW System encourages faculty and staff to use Microsoft Teams as its replacement.
The Blackboard Collaborate Service is ending on 6/30/21 for all UW System schools. At that time, the service will no longer be accessible through MyUW.
For more information, users can be directed to: https://kb.wisc.edu/luwmad/news.php?id=11932.
- UW-Madison encourages faculty, staff and students to use of Zoom as its replacement.
- For those who need assistance, you can direct users to the Zoom - Getting Started page at https://kb.wisc.edu/zoom/page.php?id=105271.
- The Learn@UW-Madison team has asked MyUW to keep the Blackboard Collaborate tile available for a few weeks into July; however, all links on the tile will take users to KB 11932, instructing them to use Zoom.
UW System and System schools
For more information, uses can be directed to: https://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle/110578
- University of Wisconsin System encourages users to use Microsoft Teams Meetings in Summer 2021, since all campuses have access to it through their Office 356 contract.
- Users from campuses with contracts with 3rd party web conference providers (WebEx, BlueJeans, or Zoom, for example) are also welcome to continue to use those services.
- The Blackboard Collaborate tile will be removed from MyUW as of 7/1.
-- MyUW Madison: Laura Stella-Ames
Created: 04:09:20, Monday, Jun 14, 2021 (by Laura S.)
Updated: 09:12:02, Monday, Jun 14, 2021 (by Laura S.)