New WiscVPN Client Available
Posted: 11:19:05, Monday, Nov 2, 2009 Expiration: 11:19:05, Monday, Nov 9, 2009
The new Cisco AnyConnect client is now available for OSX 10.5/10.6 and Windows XP/Vista/7. AnyConnect supports both 32bit and 64bit systems.
The WiscVPN team has finished testing the new Cisco client and it is now available for installation. The new client supports OSX 10.5 and 10.6 on the Apple side and Windows XP, Vista, and 7 on the Microsoft side. If you are a current user of the old WiscVPN client, you do not need to upgrade as that client will continue to work and be supported.
Note: While a new certificate has been purchased for the WiscVPN connection site, it cannot be installed until the scheduled maintenance window in January 2010. Because of this, you will need to accept/trust any certificate warnings you get each time you connect to the site.
The AnyConnect client brings three noticeable improvements:
- Connect using a native connection in OSX 10.6
- 64bit Windows support
- Faster release of a previous connection (less errors on reconnect).
Support documents can be found at:
- WiscVPN (Mac) - Configuring the Native Client
- WiscVPN (Mac) - Downloading and Installing the WiscVPN AnyConnect Client
- WiscVPN (Win) - Downloading and Installing the WiscVPN AnyConnect Client
-- Brian Harris
Created: 11:31:56, Monday, Nov 2, 2009 (by Leah S.)
Updated: 05:53:00, Tuesday, Nov 3, 2009 (by Leah S.)