WiscWorld Account Cleanup 11/01/00
Posted: 02:51:57, Monday, Oct 30, 2000 Expiration: 02:51:57, Monday, Oct 30, 2000
In November, WiscWorld accounts will be turned off for those holders who are no longer students or faculty/staff. The total number is estimated at 48,186.
Turn off Dates and Grace Period.
Who will be Affected.
- A valid WiscWorld account holder is an officially registered student or has an official UW appointment.
- See details at: http://wiscinfo.doit.wisc.edu/wiscworld/aboutww.htm#Who
Help Desk Procedures.
- Anyone with a WW account problem will be directed to call the DoIT Help Desk.
- Person should first be asked if they have a physical photo ID.
- Ask the person to state their official student or facstaff status. EVERYONE is eligible for the grace period until 11/20/00. The person can be referred to the above URL for WiscWorld eligibility details.
- Remind person that email will not bounce during the grace period, but will after that date.
- Give the person the option of setting up a forwarding address.
- Help Desk should escalate cases for people who seem to have a reasonable excuse.
- Taking a semester off.
- Will be enrolling next semester.
- Studying Abroad (****UNOFFICIALLY****)
- Helping a Professor (*****UNOFFICIALLY*****)
- Help Desk agents should collect all information from the person at the initial contact.
- Escalate the reasonable cases to HDI (who will forward it to EUC-Email).
- Inform the person that the resolution could take several days to complete due to the volume of problems.
-- Joe Tarter
Created: 02:51:57, Monday, Oct 30, 2000 (by Weizhong W.)
Updated: 02:51:57, Monday, Oct 30, 2000 (by Weizhong W.)