Lightning Bug Squashed; Continues to Glow
Posted: 12:08:55, Wednesday, Nov 7, 2012 Expiration: 12:16:36, Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
A major bug has been fixed in the latest version of Lightning. Upgrade to Thunderbird 16 and Lightning 1.8 to see performance improvements.
In Lightning version 1.7 and earlier, you will see the following bug:
- When attempting to respond to an event you have been invited to, earlier versions of Lightning provide options to "Edit just this occurrence" or "Edit all occurrences" instead of prompting for your attendance response.
- If you select "Edit just this occurrence", Lightning will allow you to edit certain attributes in that instance of the event. Any edits are not reflected on the organizer's calendar or the calendars of any other attendees.
- This bug made it impossible to provide an attendance response to just a single occurrence of a recurring meeting using Lightning. It was still possible to provide an attendance response for the entire recurring series by selecting "Edit all occurrences".
- You can download the latest version of Thunderbird here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/download
- Once you upgrade Thunderbird, you will be automatically prompted to download the latest version of Lightning.
-- WiscCal: Jennifer Rado
Created: 00:49:45, Wednesday, Nov 7, 2012 (by Jennifer R.)
Updated: 12:16:42, Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012 (by Jennifer R.)