Topics Map > Campus Services > GoPrint
Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Operating Systems > Mac OS X
GoPrint (Mac) - Printing from Personal Computers
This document describes the process for printing to a GoPrint server from personal computers connected to UW-Madison's network.
- GoPrint - Printer Queue Names and Locations For Residence Hall printing please reference the following kb document
- Wireless Printing to TLC Printers - How To (MAC OSX)
Mac OS 10.10 and above
Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences...
Click on the Printers and Scanners button located in the Hardware section of System Preferences.
Note: Printers and Scanners maybe Print and Fax in older versions
Click on the Plus Sign right under the list of printers to add a new printer. Note that you may need to click the lock in the lower left and enter your admin password to unlock the add printer button.
Select the IP tab and configure the printer as follows:
- Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Address: SERVER NAME (e.g. goprint.doit.wisc.edu or libprint.library.wisc.edu)
- Queue: QUEUE NAME (e.g. INFOPR-B&W-Memorial)
- Name/Location: These only affect how the printer is displayed on your computer.
- Print Using: Generic Postscript Printer is fine for most printing. If you want to use advanced features you'll have to locate the correct driver for the printer you're printing to.
See GoPrint - Printer Queue Names and Locations to determine what server and queue you want to connect to. The example below is connecting to the Black and White Queue at the Memorial Union InfoLab.
- Your computer is now configured to print to GoPrint. If you did not set the printer as the default, make sure that you choose the GoPrint printer when you print from an Application.