Topics Map > Campus Services > Student Center
Student Center - Editing your privacy (FERPA) settings
An overview and step-by-step guide to setting FERPA restrictions, which indicate what public information should be withheld from public release.
FERPA — the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended — is a federal law that governs the privacy of student education records, access to those records, and disclosure of information from them.
Follow the steps below to edit your FERPA restrications.
- Login to MyUW
- Click on the Student Center tile, then the Profile tile.
- From the menu on the left, select Privacy Restrictions.
- Select your preferred restriction(s) and click > for a more detailed view.
- You may apply restrictions to any number of sections
- To restrict all sections you would need to individually edit each of them
- Add or clear restrictions by selecting the relevant check boxes and clicking Save.
- Click Save on the main page to submit your changes.