Topics Map > Miscellaneous > General Information
Topics Map > Campus Services > E-Learning > Learn@UW
D2L - AlcoholEdu Course (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
This document describes how to complete the AlcoholEdu course in D2L (Learn@UW).
To complete the AlcoholEdu course:
- System requirements. Please see this document for information regarding the specific system requirements for AlcoholEdu, including how to contact the Customer Support line.
- AlcoholEdu is a web-based course containing audio and video, so you will need a computer with audio.
- Some browsers may require you to have Flash player installed, as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader (both are are free downloads).
- You should view the course in a web browser that has been updated in the past two years.
- AlcoholEdu is best viewed with a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution. You may be able to view the course using other settings, but some elements of the course may not display properly.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer. Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are recommended.
- Do not use a mobile phone. AlcoholEdu is not optimized mobile phones, so do not plan to complete it on a smartphone. It will work on tablets, including Mobile Safari on iOS7 or newer, or on the default browser on Android 4.3+ (Jelly Bean).
- Progress is saved each time you click 'Next', but if you log out before clicking the 'Next' at the end of a section you will have to repeat that section.