Topics Map > Business Systems > Shared Financial System
SFS - Peoplesoft Windows Client Installation Steps
The SFS Windows client is only used by DoIT developers, UWSA SFS support staff, and UW System wide nVision power users who create and execute nVision reports. You will need an SFS application account that has the UW_SEC_PSPASS_AUTH_ALLOWED role assigned to it. You will also need an account on the sfsclient.ad.doit.wisc.edu server before you can map to that server and install the client. If you do not have access, please contact your local SFS support person to start the approval process.
If your campus (contact your network support staff for this change) or your computer has a firewall, then...
- Please allow outgoing traffic to sfsclient.ad.doit.wisc.edu (126.96.36.199).
- If you are a NetID campus (UWMSN, UWEXT, UWSA) you will also need to allow outgoing traffic to a separate server related to NetID -- 188.8.131.52.
(Optional) - Uninstall your current SFS PeopleSoft Client
- To uninstall the SFS client, click on the following program... Start > Program Files > PeopleSoft SFS PT849 Client > Uninstall Workstation . When the "Open File - Security Warning" window pops up, click "Run" to allow this remote program on the sfsclient.ad file server to execute.
Click Yes on this dialog box to start the uninstall.
Then click OK when the uninstall completes. You will notice that the "Peoplesoft SFS PT849 Client" folder is now gone from your Start menu.
- Repeat the above steps if you have another SFS Peoplesoft install and want to remove all access to SFS.
Mapping a drive to the SFSCLIENT.AD server.
- Instructions for mapping to Windows servers (to *.ad.doit.wisc.edu) can be found here:
Installing the SFS PeopleSoft Client
After you have mapped to the "\\sfsclient.ad.doit.wisc.edu\sfs " drive, click on the ClientInstall folder.
For the PT8.49 client install, double-click on SFS_Clean_Install_Client.bat. Click Run on this dialog box to allow the client configuration to execute from the sfsclient.ad.doit.wisc.edu server.
After double-clicking the file, a dialog box similar to the following will appear.
After the client install is finished, the following dialog box will appear.
The software will be available in Start > Program Files > PeopleSoft SFS PT849 Client.