Topics Map > OS and Desktop Applications > Operating Systems > Mac OS X
Mac OS X (10.9) - Changing System Language
This document describes how to change the operating system language on Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks).
- Click on the Apple Menu on the top left of the screen. Then click on System Preferences.
- Once in System Preferences, click on Language and Region. This can be found on the top row of the System Preferences window.
- Once in Language and Region, add a new language by clicking on the + icon.
- Pick the desired language from the populated list and click Add. Only the following languages are fully supported: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (European), Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- After pressing Add, a prompt asking which language to use will populate your screen. Choose the new language simply by clicking on it.
- Restart the Mac OS 10.9 machine for the language change to take place. This can be done by clicking on the Apple Menu and then Restart.