Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Requesting Entitlements for HRS
This document details the process of using Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) to request roles that provide access to information in the Human Resource System (HRS).
- Click here to
log into OIM.
- If you are requesting entitlements for yourself, click on the Catalog icon. Note: If you are submitting this request on behalf of another user,
see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g - Search for Other Users to View/Request Entitlements before proceeding. If you are making this
request on behalf of multiple users, see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g - Requesting Access for Multiple Users on Behalf of Another User.
- Next to the Catalog Search icon (magnifying glass), the default value is All. Click on the drop-down arrow to change the Catalog Search icon to Entitlements. DO NOT CHOOSE "Roles". To search by Entitlements, click the Search icon (). [A list of catalog entitlements displays]
- Choose the appropriate entitlements that will provide the access necessary for your position. Hover the mouse
pointer over an entitlement's description to view the full text. Either highlight multiple roles and click
Add Selected to Cart or hit Add to Cart for individual entitlements.The message, 'Items added to cart' displays. Also, look at the shopping Cart icon to see the number of items listed.
Note: The Sort By field defaults to Entity Type which is not in alphabetical order. To sort the results alphabetically, click on the drop-down arrow to change the Sort By to 'Display Name.'
- When you have added all the entitlements that you need to your cart, click
- The Cart Details screen displays.
- If desired, fill out the justification field with an explanation of why the access to this information is needed.
- If you wish to delay the provisioning of this access until a later date, fill in the effective date field. The justification and effective date fields are optional. For more information on using the effective date field, see Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Set the Effective Date to Prevent Loss of HRS Access Due to Job Transfer .
The supervisor field is mandatory. When you have entered
information into the fields or determined that you do not need to, click on next to the
supervisor field to choose your supervisor.
STOP: If you have multiple appointments with the UW System you need to take additional steps at this point. See Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g- Request HRS Entitlements for Employees with Multiple Jobs . If you do not have multiple appointments with the UW System, please proceed to step 9 on this page.