Kaltura - How to Upload Videos to MediaSpace using Your Phone (UW-Madison)
This document shows students, instructors, and other users of UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace how to upload videos using their smartphone (iOS or Android). Using your smartphone is a easy way to record videos and get them into Kaltura.
Warning! Uploading videos takes a lot of data! The Learn@UW team recommends that you wait until you are on WiFi to upload videos to Kaltura.
- Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) app
- Your phone's browser.
Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) app
The preferred method utilizes Kaltura's KMS Go App. Basic instructions on installing KMS Go are available in Kaltura - Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) app for mobile devices . Kaltura has additional documentation in: Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go). Kaltura has additional documentation on creating or uploading content in their documents:
Using your phone's browser
The second method to upload content is through your phone's Internet Browser. To do so, follow these steps:
- Record your video with your Android or iPhone Camera application.
- Open a browser application on your smartphone and navigate to https://mediaspace.wisc.edu.
- Click the person icon in the top right corner. Click "Media Upload".
- (Optional) If you have not yet logged in to Kaltura MediaSpace, you will be prompted to log in.
- Click Choose a file to upload.
- Either select a previously recorded video (recommended) or record a new video.
- The video will begin to upload. "Upload Completed!" will display when finished.
- (Optional) Kaltura will automatically set the file name as the name of the uploaded video. The file name is not always the best for identifying the video at a later date, so it is recommended that you give your video a more relevant title by changing the "Name" field.
- Once finished modifying the metadata, click Save at the bottom of the screen.