Webex Meetings: Getting Started
Cisco Webex Meetings makes hosting an online meeting easy. You can schedule a meeting in advance or start one right away. When it's time to meet, you can present and collaborate with your team as if you're in the same room.
Schedule a Meeting - OutlookUse the Outlook Desktop App on your Windows or Mac machine to schedule a Webex Meeting.
Start a Meeting
At the scheduled meeting time, you can start a meeting in several ways:
1. Email invitation - from your inbox or sent box (if you are the host).
2. Calendar invite - find the meeting date and time and open the meeting. Click the green Start or Join button.
3. Webex Meetings Desktop Application - A reminder will appear before the meeting time with a Start or Join button. This usually appears in the bottom right corner of your desktop.
4. Webex Meetings Desktop App (Continued) - Go to your Webex Meetings Desktop App starting window and find the meeting listed and click Start/Join next to the scheduled meeting.
Before you join or start a meeting you can choose the settings you use for audio in the meeting.
1. Click the audio connection options in the Webex Meetings app.
Use computer audio—Use your computer with a headset or speakers. This is the default audio connection type.
You can change your headset, speakers, and microphone.
Call in—Dial in from your phone when the meeting starts. A list of global call-in numbers is available after you join the meeting.
Don't connect to audio—You won't hear any audio in the meeting through your computer or phone. Use this option if you're in the meeting room but want to use your computer to share content in the meeting.
Start Your Video
Before you join or start a meeting you can choose the settings you use for video in the meeting.
1. If you want to join the meeting with your video turned off, click Stop video .
You'll see when your video is turned off. Click Start video when you want to show your video.
2. By default, your self-view video shows in mirror view. You can turn off mirror view if you want to see yourself in your self-view video the same way that other meeting participants see you.
If you're happy with the audio and video seetings that you chose for this meeting, you can save them for your next meeting.
3. If you want added privacy or to limit possible distractions from your video, you can use a virtual background. Click Change background, and then choose to blur or replace your background.
To share content during a meeting, from the meeting control panel, select Share .
Go to the Share menu for more sharing options.
If you select Screen you will share your entire desktop. If you select an application you have open like Firefox, then you are sharing only the application Firefox and they will not see your desktop and will see a grey privacy screen instead. If you want to switch between different applications seamlessly without worry of privacy, select to share your Screen. If you have dual monitors it will present you with two screens instead of just the single monitor you see below. Select the monitor you want to share.
When sharing content, you have the ability to "Optimize for text and images" or "Optimize for video and motion". Choose the best option for the content being shared.
Note - When sharing content optimized for video and motion, you can share your computer audio so the attendees in your Webex Meeting can hear the video audio being played.
Record a Meeting
Your meetings are important. If your whole team can't be there, or if you want to remember what was said, record your meeting to share later. The recording includes the audio, video, and presentation.
While in your meeting, click Record , and then Record to record right away. You and your participants see a red icon at the top right of your window when recording is in process.
When the meeting ends, you can find your recording on thepage of your Webex site. If you recorded in the cloud, when the meeting ends, you receive an email with the recording link. Depending on file size and bandwidth, it can take up to 24 hours to receive your recording.