KB User's Guide - Users Tab - Transfer Document Ownership
This document explains how to transfer document ownership from one user to another.
Reassign Documents Using the Transfer Doc Ownership button
- Click on the Users tab in KB Admin Tools and locate the user who needs their document(s) transferred to another user.
- Click the More link on the user's record. This link is found on the very far right of the screen. Hovering the cursor over the More link reveals a tool tip with the username of the User.
- After clicking on the More link, the Selected User page will appear. Click on the Transfer Doc Ownership button found near the bottom of this page.
- The Document Ownership Transfer screen will appear listing all the documents owned by this user.
- Check the boxes on the left side to select specific documents to transfer to another user, or, click the Select All button to transfer all documents.
- Once you are sure the appropriate documents have been selected, choose a New owner from the drop down list at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, click on the Transfer Ownership button to save your changes.
Using Filters to Reassign Documents
- In the Document Ownership Transfer screen, you may also narrow the set of documents by selecting criteria in the following fields:
- IDs - enter document IDs
- Search term (keywords) - enter keywords
- FTS (Full Text Search) - choose Yes or No
- Topic - select one Topic from the dropdown menu.
- Type - select Document, Glossary or Template form the dropdown menu.