Tier2: How to Unlock Tier 2 Accounts
Upon getting requests to unlock an account, such as a Tier 2 or a group login read the following:
A guide for unlocking accounts.
1. Open Active Directory.
2. Under "Global Search," type in the patron's account user which should be provided by the patron. Example: "illiadlaw"
3. Right-click the patron's specified username from the search results and select, "Properties."
4. Right above "Organization," verify whether or not their account is locked or not. If so, simply click on the lock and select "OK," on the bottom right.
5. Verify once again that the account is no longer locked by navigating to, "Properties," again.
6. Verify with the patron if they have access.
You should have successfully unlocked an account.