Topics Map > College of Letters and Science > Academic & Curricular Administration > Graduate Student Administration
Topics Map > College of Letters and Science > Academic & Curricular Administration > Personnel - Budgetary and Curricular Intersections > Teaching Assistant Budgets
L&S Teaching Assistant & Reader Staffing and Expenditure Plans
Each January, the College of Letters & Science begins a TA allocation and planning exercise for the upcoming academic year. As a part of that process, we request that each department with TAs and/or Readers complete a TA allocation plan. This exercise is intended to help departments think about how best to deploy their TA and/or Reader resources, and will also help insure that TA allocation plans are aligned with the department’s BSR. This document will guide you through the process of completing the TA allocation spreadsheet.
Documents & Deadlines
- TA & Reader Allocation Spreadsheet
- Deadline for 2019-20 academic year:
- Friday, March 1, 2019
- Submission via email to Brian Bubenzer
- Detailed instructions for the TA & Reader Planning Spreadsheet
- Contacts for L&S Administration
Detailed instructions for the TA & Reader Planning SpreadsheetThis spreadsheet is meant to be filled out in order. The list of courses on the ‘Dept Details’ worksheet will be referenced by the other worksheets.
1. Complete the information on the ‘Dept Details’ worksheet.Update the worksheet with basic details at the top (department name, your name, etc.).
Course Number & Title. List the courses that have teaching assistants and/or reader/graders, along with the credit range, planned capacity, and previous enrollment.
Funding. Some common funding sources are pre-filed (e.g., TA 101 Budget, Summer Revenue). Please update or add funding sources as necessary (e.g., departmental 131 accounts).
2. List your TA and Reader positions on the ‘TAs & Readers’ worksheet.List your departmental TA rate at the top of the form. Use the ‘Teaching Assistant Plans’ and the ‘Reader/Grader’ plans tables to indicate your planned appointments for the upcoming year. Please note that the ‘Course Number & Title’ and ‘Funding’ fields are dropdowns that are populated by the previous page (Dept Details).
- Department TA rate (top of the page)
- # of TA’s
- Appt %