Topics Map > Features and Functionality > Client Capabilities > Desktop
Topics Map > Features and Functionality > Client Capabilities > Web (OWA)
Office 365 - Mailbox Quota
By default, all accounts in Office 365 have 50 GB of storage. This document explains how to view the amount of space left within your account.
For information on other limits, see Office 365 - What are the limitations for message size, recipient number, and mailbox storage?.
View single account quota
Note: Whenever an account has used 90% or more of their inbox capacity, Outlook on the web will display a notification until the account is below 90% of inbox capacity.
- Log into Outlook on the web
- Click the gear icon > View all Outlook Settings > General > Storage.
Note: If you are using the old interface, please go to gear icon > Mail > General > My Account.
Note: These steps assume you are connected to your Office 365 account via Exchange. By default, this feature is turned off.
- Start Outlook.
- Right-click anywhere on the bottom Outlook bar.
- Click on the first option "Quota Information" and you will see that it switches to the "On" mode.
- You can now see the amount of free space left and the number of items you have in each folder, in the bottom left hand corner of the Outlook bar.
Note: These steps assume you are connected to your Office 365 account via Exchange.
- Start Outlook.
- Right-click on the account name within your mail folder listing and select Properties from the sub-menu.
- Click Storage from within "Folder Properties" screen.
- Depending on the number of objects (mail folders, calendar items, contacts, and tasks) you have in your account, it can take minutes for this information to be retrieved.