Topics Map > Client Configuration > Desktop
Office 365 (Outlook for Windows) - Outlook can't set up a new profile using Exchange Autodiscover
When you try to set up a new mail account for Outlook by using the Add New Account Wizard, your Outlook profile may not automatically set up. Additionally, you may receive the following error message: An encrypted connection to your mail services is not available. This problem will occur for a variety of reasons. This document will go over some solutions to this issue.
Recommended methodRun Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant
Install and run Microsoft Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant. You can download this tool by following this link: Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
This tool will automatically diagnose any issues with your Office 365 account and provide you with relevant fixes.
Additional methodsUpgrade to the latest version of Outlook/Office
Update your Windows operating system (make sure to include other Microsoft software within the update process): Windows - Using Windows Update.Reset/Remove your account credentials from within your OS
Remove Microsoft account credentials: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=60885.Recreate your local OST file
- Open Outlook and click File near the top-left corner.
- On this page, click Account Settings then click Account Settings from the context menu.
- This will open a new window, click the Data Files tab near the top.
- On this tab, select an account and click Open File Location... which will open the file location in File Explorer.
- Close Outlook, but keep the File Explorer window open.
- Delete the OST (.ost) file and close File Explorer.
- Restart Outlook.
First, remove your current profile: Office 365 (Outlook for Windows) - Remove an Outlook Profile. Then, add a new profile: Office 365 (Outlook for Windows) - Configure Outlook.Waiting a period of time or retrying
In some cases, waiting a period of time (30-60 minutes) or continuing to retry configuration may work.