UW-Madison Kaltura - How to Get Embed Code in MediaSpace
This is a tutorial on how to get embed code for videos hosted in MediaSpace
- From the 'My Media' tab, find and open the media item you would like to get the link/embed code for from the gallery.
- After the media loads, click the 'Share' button located underneath the media item.
- After selecting the 'Share' button, you will have a number of options:
- If you would like to get a link, you can simply copy either the 'Link to Media Page.' Please note that you'll need to have published your item to share via link.
- To generate embed code, click the 'Embed' button and then select the player skin and player size from the list of options at the bottom of the sharing tab, finally you can copy the 'Embed Code' and paste it in your own site or LMS. For information on how to use embed code in your site or LMS, please see the documentation for your site or LMS.
- To generate an oEmbed link, click the 'oEmbed' button and then select the player skin and player size from the list of options at the bottom of the sharing tab, finally you can opy the oEmbed link and paste it in your own site. oEmbed is primarily used with WordPress sites. For oEmbed to work on your WordPress site, you WordPress admin would have to have implemented the steps found in this document: UW-Madison Kaltura - Enabling MediaSpace oEmbed in WordPress.
To observe the whole process in action, please watch this animated GIF: