NetID - Adding or Changing a Recovery Email Address
In order to recover your forgotten NetID or password you will need to submit an alternate email address. We also recommend reviewing and updating your password recovery questions. You can complete these activities by following the instructions below.
- Go to the NetID Modification Tool (a green bar to the left of the URL will be present to indicate you are on a secure UW-Madison site.)
- Enter your NetID and Password
- Scroll down to SET RECOVERY EMAIL.
- Enter the email address you wish to use (Must be a non-wisc.edu, e.g. @gmail.com, @yahoo.com)
- Click Set Password and/or Questions to submit your change. A message will be sent to the email address specified
- Open the email from "UW-Madison Login" and click on the confirmation link in the message to confirm your recovery email address.
Note: you must click this link within 2 hours of receiving the message
If you encounter any problems while setting your Recovery E-mail please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
You may also wish to verify / change your Account Recovery questions: Changing Account Recovery Questions