This page provides basic information on where to download and find information on how to use Adobe Illustrator.
Adobe Illustrator is software for creating vector graphics. It can be used to create logos, graphics, and other illustrations.
DownloadAdobe Illustrator has been licensed by UW-System for use by faculty and staff on both UW- and personally-owned devices and by everyone on UW-owned machines provisioned with Shared Device Licensing. Please check with your local IT staff to see if they can install Adobe Illustrator for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Faculty and staff can download Illustrator by following the directions in KB doc 69772.
- Adobe Education Exchange Illustrator materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Illustrator workshop which is a good intro to Illustrator.
- Adobe Illustrator videos
- Adobe Illustrator tutorials
- LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda.com, has excellent tutorials on Adobe Illustrator. For information on logging into LinkedIn Learning please see LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) - Frequently Asked Questions
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Illustrator.
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Illustrator please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone from STS will contact you within two business days to setup an appointment.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.